Monday, March 2, 2009

Airports are strange places...

but at least, after being here for 6.5 hrs now, I can say that this did not happen to me.    Anyhow, airports...they are strange...AM I RIGHT?  I have been atrophying here, dragging myself along the various concourses and peering forlornly in the smoker's lounge...SHOULD I GO IN? It would probably be a primo place for weird airport friends, of which I have made none thusfar (unfortunately), but then my uncle would pick me up, and I would wreak....and then havoc would ensue.  But there's this nagging feeling...what if some big creeper in aviators walked up to me in the smoke zoo and be like SMOKE MISTY FOR ME. 
Ok, clearly I need some new life fantasies.
More ramblings about the airport - 
I have to give John Gardner credit for the following:
SoyCafeConLeche (9:36:25 PM): i am in the miami airport actually
SoyCafeConLeche (9:36:27 PM): on my way to peru
JEGardner7 (9:36:49 PM): sweet. why on earth are you in such a place
JEGardner7 (9:36:52 PM): as miami
JEGardner7 (9:37:08 PM): you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy

This is true.  It is apparently totally socially appropriate to have super load cell phone conversations about the hotels you are considering for purchase or whether or not your coke...i mean "winter"... party was caught on film or not...AND DID YOU SEE WHO WAS ON THE PARTY BUS...blah blah blah  Conclusion: what a bizarre "sea of humanity."  Meanwhile, I sit in the most unassuming corner of the entire airport watching youtubes for several solid hours before I question whether temporary paralysis has set in with my lower extremities.   I am currently questioning whether or not my brain has permanently atrophied.  

There is really nothing interesting at all on which to remark...at all...just lots of miami drama and a doubled risk of carpal tunnel, or as it is called in the thrift shop "the tunnel."  I did, however, learn a lot about Airstreams, Tex Rubinowitz, and the inherently perverse nature of monkeys.   

More to come later.
Besos.


1 comment:

mully said...

i can't believe you were too chicken to go to the smoker's lounge. you have not much to fear from smokers. they are too dedicated to their tobacco products to do much harm, and you can easily outrun them if they get too creepy. i am glad you got out of that airport though. can't wait to see/hear more about your adventures..